Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, April 18, 2008

Multi-Line Movie Quotes

"He Did It! He Missed The Barn!"

This blogmeme was so much fun (and so darn easy to put together...) that I had to do it one more time!

This time I picked exchanges between two (or more) actors. Some of the quotes I just find funny. Others are favorites for more personal reasons. Giving you the actual character names would make it far too easy, so every name has been replaced with A, B, C, etc.

Same rules as before... here’s how it works:

1) As readers correctly identify the quotes’ cinematic origins in the comments, I'll strike out the quotes and name the commenter who answered correctly.

2) If the commenter also identifies the name of the speakers (the characters or the actors), he or she gets bonus points in the form of a link to his or her site.


OK, here's 15 quotes from 15 assorted movies! Some are considered cinema classics, some are a complete waste of celluloid.

Have fun! Oh, no cheating! Using Google, IMDB or other Internet-related sources is strictly verboten!! It’s more fun if you try to figure these out from memory:

Oh, one more thing... Rockhauler, you and I watch virtually the same movies. This oughta be like shooting fish in a barrel for you, so let the other readers guess this time! You're welcome to play, but email me your picks instead of posting to comments! Update: RH plows through 14 of 15 via email, leaving me no choice but to take up watching Eurotrash art films for Quotememe III...

1) A: Look at your eyes!
B: What's wrong with my eyes?
A: They're all red & bloodshot!
B: You should see 'em from my side!
Ronni goes one for two with this quote from 'Cat Ballou'! You could still win a link by naming the actors! Tkay gets Lee Marvin correct! Also, Joan of Aaaargh. The balladeers, btw, were Stubby Kaye and Nat King Cole!

2) A: Is this place for you?
B: Indeed no, sir. I'm merely a humble butler.
A: What exactly do you do?
B: I buttle, sir.
Morning Glory correctly guesses this exchange from 'Clue' by Tim Curry & Martin Mull!

3) A: Would you like a sip of whiskey?
B: I do not drink, it is against my religion!
A: Religion is a good thing I say, taken in moderation.
Larry from Last Refuge of a Scoundrel nails this exchange between Eddie Murphy & Denholm Elliot in 'Trading Places'. I probably should have included their next exchange of lines:
EM: Beef jerky?
DE: Thank you very much, no, it gives me the winds somethin' terrible!
EM: Ohh...

4) A: God, I hate that bitch.
B: Probably shouldn't have married her then, huh?
Ambulance Driver gets this one... Ed Harris in 'The Abyss'.

5) A: You are too precious for words, why I could just... eat you alive!
B: Oh no, Margaret! Too young!
Jenni gets this one right! It's from 'The Addams Family'. Heather also got it.

6) A: Stephen Foster. "Oh, Susannah", "Camptown Races". Stephen stinking Foster!
B: Ah, yes. Well, this happens to be a nocturne.
A: A which?
B: You know, Frederic fucking Chopin.
Heather guesses 'Tombstone', and gets it right!

7) A: Come on, Frank. What are you doing?
B: What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you.

8) A: You are a very strange man.
B: You have no idea.
Jerry of Back Home Again nails this quote. Of all the movie quotes out there, this one (From 'Reversal of Fortune', said by Ron Silver & Jeremy Irons) is the most "this is me" quote I've found yet.


9) A: You travel a lot?
B: Yeah.
A: Traveling makes you lonely?
B: I'm alone, I am not lonely.

10) A: I've got lunatics laughing at me from the woods. My original plan has been scuppered now that the jeeps haven't arrived. My communications are completely broken down. Do you really believe any of that can be helped by a cup of tea?
B: Couldn't hurt, sir.
Bob from The Lost Fart of Blogging guesses correctly with Sean Connery in 'A Bridge Too Far'.

11) A: Teaching is just a way to pay the bills until I finish my novel.
B: How long you been workin' on it?
A: Four and a half years.
C: It must be very good.
A: It's a piece of shit. Would anyone like to smoke some pot?
Connecticut Yankee aka Fratboy Slim nails this quote from 'Animal House' (Peter Riegert, Tom Hulce & Donald Sutherland). Alas, he has no blog to link to...

12) A: What's in the box?
B: Pain.
Cowboy Blob gets this one right! It's Kyle MacLachlan in 'Dune'.

13) A: What did you shoot him with, an air rifle?
B: Look, we grow weed. We're not mercenaries.
A: You don't say.
Baz correctly guesses "some dudes" from 'Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels'! (Note: I don't know their names either...)

14) A: I don't know anything about no fuckin' truck.
B: Oh, yeah? Well, your friend XXXXXXX told us a different story altogether.
A: Oh, is that the one about the hooker with the dysentery?
Heather gets this one right, it's Benicio Del Toro in 'The Usual Suspects'.

15) A: As spokesman for some of the younger turks, I'm supposed to invite you to lunch, in celebration of your approaching greatness.
B: Oh Christ, today?
A: Come on, executive bonding! Raucous, unfunny jokes. And we'll kiss your ass in the hopes you'll mistake it for affection.
B: How degrading for you. I'll be there. What time?
A: Twelve thirty. Bring your ass!


Good Luck!!