Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, April 11, 2008

Oh, Happy Day!! GORILLA SUIT!!!!!

I'm So Exuberifficalacious About This, I Almost Peed Myself!

ZOMG!!!!

There is truly power in prayer...

I've referenced gorilla suits every so often here on the blog, and even wrote a long post detailing my love affair with the idea of wearing a gorilla suit to work.

So, guess what rolls across my web browser this morning but this:



I can't believe it! A workshop that will instruct you on building a custom-fitted gorilla suit!!

Sometime this October in Pennsylvania, gorilla suit devotees will gather and construct some bodacious outerwear!

Hang on a sec, I gotta go breathe in a paper bag for a while just to calm down...

Here's a snippet from the website while I quit hyperventilating:
No single article of clothing is as versatile as the gorilla suit. You can wear a gorilla suit to an embassy party, to a jewel heist, to a high-speed car chase, and then practice your slamdunks in it, all in a single evening. Without a well-constructed, well-tailored, and suitably altered gorilla suit (do you need boot-cut legs to go over your ski bindings?) your closet is sadly lacking.

But the fancy-dress gorilla suits of the past aren't made anymore. Even the patterns to sew your own are out of print. That's a tragedy. Here are some of the things you can't do without a gorilla suit:

•You cannot attend fancy-dress parties in Italian chateaux and be mistaken for a British ambassador who is in a gorilla suit, unless you have a gorilla suit.

•You cannot drive a Nash Metropolitan around Blake Edwards-style at high speed in a gorilla suit, unless you have a gorilla suit.

•You cannot sneak up on David Niven while you are wearing a gorilla suit, unless you are have a gorilla suit and are wearing it.

•If you capture a dastardly criminal, you cannot send them on a transatlantic freight voyage in a crate with an amorous gorilla, unless you have a gorilla suit to put the dastardly criminal in.


I might have to sell off my belongings to get the cash to attend this event. Buying enough fake fur to cover my bulbous hide can't be cheap, and who knows how much it'll cost for bail money...

I can't wait! I can't wait!! I can't wait!!!


Via Boing Boing