Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I Am *SO* Disappointed...

All That Effort For Naught!

Another April Fool's Day has come and gone, and one prank goes almost completely unnoticed, and the best part of another one merits no attention at all...

At work I hung up a sign on the bathroom mirror reading:

MIRROR IS OUT OF ORDER

PLEASE AVOID LOOKING AT IT
UNTIL REPAIRS CAN BE MADE

YOUR COOPERATION IS
APPRECIATED

Signed - (Name of our building mgt. co.)


All day long, people were in & out of there, and not one word or laugh. Even the cleaning crews left it alone, and I made spares 'cause I just knew they'd tear it down.

I suppose a good number of my fellow drones thought it was the real deal. Sigh.

As for my wedding announcement...

Not one of you commented on my "bride's" name! I looked and looked forever to find just the right name, and when one announced itself, I basked in the glory of inspired genius!

So much for casting pearls out to the blogosphere.

"Candida Albicans" is the name of the fungus that causes oral & genital yeast infections, a condition known as candidiasis, or "thrush".

One one hand, I'm quite disappointed. OTOH, it's encouraging to know that since y'all didn't recognize "Candida Albicans", it's likely that no one actually has candidiasis. With two blogfests rapidly approaching, this might be important news!