Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Do Not Park Near My Sister...

Her Career In Demolition Derbies Continues Unabated...

I happened to catch a glimpse of my Dad's car recently, and was shocked to notice a huge gouge in the front passenger-side fender. It starts just abaft the headlight socket, and continues about a handspan into the passenger door.

Now, having caught a ride from Dad's Taxi Service twice recently going to drop off and pick up my truck at the mechanic's, I've noticed his driving skills have noticeably deteriorated since the last time I rode with him. He's not paying enough attention to the cars in front of him, and occasionally wanders out of the lane he's in. All things considered, he's doing OK for a 72 year old, but he needs to learn his days of looking out at the scenery are over!

So, when I saw this huge gouge, I immediately assumed that Dad had gotten careless and sideswiped something, or scraped along a parking garage wall.

I was wrong. Dad was blameless. Turns out that my sister failed to check her mirrors before exiting her garage, and plowed into Dad's Taurus in her rush to get to work Friday morning.

I wouldn't be so bent out of shape over this, except this is the second time she's done this to Dad's car, in the exact same location. Last time was just like this one, just hop in the car, start the engine, back up until you hear a crunch...

My sister is death on cars. Of course, I'm still bitter after she ran my Ford Ranchero under a parked semi and totalled it. And burned up the AMC wagon. Almost forgot about that one...

I now learn that there was no insurance on her vehicle, either. So, this probably comes out of Dad's pocket, 'cause my sister and her husband barely have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of after buying too much house and hatching two yard-apes in quick succession.

Amazing how your little sister can still annoy the hell out of you, even when you're both all grown up...