Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, October 16, 2008

More Things I Never Knew Existed!

If You Build It, They Will Come!

Here's some fun things I've found on the Intarwebs lately.

For those pesky herds of roaming elephant in your alleyways, here's the ticket to efficient herd culling:



It's an M1 Garand converted to shoot .458 WinMag. For those unclear on the size of that round, it's roughly the size and diameter of a Sharpie marker.

Available from McCann Industries for $2500 + your gently-used Garand. Dunno about you, but I'm saving my nickels... loaded with Barnes copper/zinc solids, that thing will punch through a bulldozer.

I wonder where you get stripper clips for .458 WinMag? Hehehe...

Next up in the boomstick aisle, an AR-15 with an upper converted to shoot 5.7 x 28 mm rounds using an FN P90 50-round magazine. Available from Collector's Firearms for just over a grand.




This strikes me as a pretty good idea, for the most part. The 5.7 x 28 mm cartridge is a zippy little round just right for urban goblins and zombies at city-fighting distances. Something like this would make an ideal truck gun, but I do have to wonder what you'd do with the now superfluous 30-round 5.56 magazine still hanging out the magwell.

I suppose you could strip out the spring and follower and store your weed in there. Maybe a small first aid kit. Possibly even a custom made liquor flask!


Here we have two items off the WalMart website. I'll let the descriptions speak for themselves, though I should point out that if you have a hygiene problem that requires a pressure washer, you really ought to make a gyno appointment!

As for the guy? Well, you mix stripes, camouflage culottes, sandals and a Fidel hat, you got a serious douchebag, IMHO.






(WalMart eventually fixed their website...)