Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Muzak Files For Bankruptcy

Good Riddance!

Y'know, it's a shame that most advanced HTML commands are verboten on BlogSpot, or I'd embed a nice Muzak version of 'The Girl From Ipanema' or 'Copacabana' as background music for this post...

Somehow, Muzak owes creditors $370 Million. I guess the amount of Valium and other CNS depressants needed to properly sedate the musicians and songwriters gets pretty expensive.

Part of me rejoices at the thought of the death of soulless elevator music. OTOH, without the random spurts of anger provided by the sudden realization that Muzak has castrated yet another favorite song from my youth, I might slow my progress towards Complete Curmudgeon.