Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, April 24, 2009

Nothing Ever Goes As Planned

Suddenly, Living In A Trailer Looks Promising...

Nothing like feeling wet cement underfoot at 3 a.m.!

A simple in & out job in the bathroom turned out to be slightly problematic. The old sink & vanity were going to get pulled, the carpet removed, and a new prefab unit slid into place. Lay a bit of tile, reconnect the plumbing, a splash of paint, and bingo-bango, new bathroom!

Not so fast, Sparky... Turns out that underneath the old cabinets and vanity was a pile of botched flooring that hadn't seen the light of day in 40+ years. The floor was about as level as the Himalayas.

50 pounds of concrete solves a lot of problems, but it's taking longer to dry than I expected. I didn't leave a footprint in my late night bathroom visit, but next time I'll remember to put some shoes on, and turn on the light!



Waitaminnit... What goes on here? Someone else left footprints!!


Hmmm, one of my cats is going to have wet paws and a guilty expression...