Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, May 08, 2009

A Little Up, A Little Down

I Could Kill For A Chocolate Chip Cookie...

Attention: Dick & Fart jokes will resume at the conclusion of this current crisis...

Good news for Uncle Robert, bad news for me.

He's out of surgery. A planned triple-bypass turned into a quadruple bypass on the operating table, but he's much improved. They have him breathing on his own, and now that his heart is receiving an improved blood supply, his color is better, and some of the edema in his legs has gone down. A long road to recovery, but he seems to be out of immediate danger.

Thanks for all the prayers and support. It's very much appreciated.

As for me? I'm stuck here at the house. The mechanic split for the weekend about noon today, and my truck is still up on the lift. He's finding more & more things wrong the deeper he peels the onion, and the costs are going up. The only plus side is that the things needing fixing are $60-100 issues, not $1200 issues. I ought to sell chances on how much the bill's going to be. I'm guessing over a grand, but we shall see.

Anyway, the truck won't be ready until Monday afternoon at the soonest. I begged a ride up to the Walgreen's to get Mom a Mother's Day card and enough food to last the weekend. Like the commercial says "Thank goodness for Chef Boy-Ar-Dee!"

I forgot to get ice cream. Damn. I always forget the ice cream...