Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

No Good News Yet

The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

No improvement yet for Uncle Robert. It's one of those deals where if you make it past the next 36-48 hours, your chances improve. Unfortunately, they've found almost 100% blockage in the main arteries, and they've got to run stents to give him a chance to survive. The problem is, the stress of that might kill him...

So, fingers crossed, if you're so inclined.

Got the call from the shop on my truck just now. $400 tab and climbing, but the AC is blowing cold air, and the turn signals work, so I can finally get it inspected. I'm desperate to get the thing done before Memorial Day. I'm sick of being trapped here in town.

I can't help thinking that maybe the Prozac was the trigger that helped me to quit dithering, demand three days off work, and get the stupid thing into the mechanic's. I've had the cash for a couple of months, but my constant stress about taking time off work and the PITA factor of not having transport was keeping me bumbling along at 45 mph. The new coil on the missing cylinder, new plugs & cables all around and a tune-up ought to get me back on the freeway. I've already decided if I get out of the mechanic's for under $1000, I'll go put new shoes on the truck this weekend and be 100% mobile.