Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

West Nile Flying Hog Flu?

Whine, Whine, Whine.

Man, I feel like I just got my ass whomped by a Little League team armed with frozen turkey legs and high-heeled shoes. Where there's not a dull ache, there's a piercing pain.

I hope I'm not coming down with anything. I happen to live in one of the two Zip Codes in the Houston Metro area that they're actively spraying for 'skeeters due to some dead birds found infected with the West Nile virus.

We've also had kids in school for a week now, more than enough time for those cute little disease vectors to pick up the Plague, give it to a parent, who then comes to work and gives it to me...

No fever, or at least I don't think so. I'll have to get home and remember where I put that thermometer. I thought about getting one of those ear-gun heat readers, but the glass & mercury version has been rolling along fine for 30+ years now. I just wish I could remember if the damned thing has ever been jammed up someone's ass. It'd be just like my sister to pull it out of the bathroom cabinet, check one or both of the kids, and "forget" to wash it...

Mmmmm... Tangy!

Sigh. Three hours to go. I need a tall drink and a handful of muscle relaxants...

Update: The thermometer is showing 100.9 F. Sounds like it's time for lots of bedrest and fluids. And NOT going to work tomorrow...