Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cranking Up The Tension

Another Blogmeet? Completely Sweet!!

Two weeks and half a day until I leave for points east and a whole lot of fun.

I hope.

I'm really starting to stress under the strain of waiting for the other shoe to drop. My trucks been running quite well these last few months, and that's usually a sign the wheels are about to come off. Literally.

I'm just hoping it can wait until I get back from Tennessee...

Physically, I'm a lot better prepared for the trip than I was last year. Losing 120+ pounds will do that for you. My knees aren't hurting all the time, and I'll actually be able to walk up Eric's driveway without stopping for a breather at the top.

Still, it's one long-ass drive. I've planned for a night's layover in Birmingham to visit a friend, and I'll spend a morning touring their new digs before pushing on to Tennessee. I'll get a solid night's sleep before the fiesta begins, and that's a huge leg-up over last year, when I drove 900 miles non-stop, cat-napped for 5 hours, and then jumped feet-first into the big pot o' crazy.

I'm also sweating the finances a bit. I've not been as diligent as I could have been in squirreling away the savings (Not a word, Zibig! You've already lectured me about this!!)

Anyway, money-wise I'm good for the trip, assuming nothing catastrophic befalls me. I'd feel a lot better if we had this re-org at work behind us, and I didn't have the spectre of redundancy hanging over my head.

If you're attending the Hysterics this year, and need something obtainable only in Texas, holler at me quickly! (Note: I'll gladly bootleg Shiner beer for you, but NOT Coors!)