Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

History Repeats Itself

Let's Do The Time Warp Again!!!

I spent much of last weekend and the past three evenings furiously digging through old family photos, and finding a bunch of cool stuff.

Dad's 75th birthday is tomorrow, and we're having a big bash this weekend. My task was to put together a slideshow on a trio of digital frames, plus a laptop hooked to a big monitor to show at the party.

So far I've got 350+ photos scanned, resized, edited, etc.

It's a huge nitpicky PITA, but amusing as all hell. I've found some gems that I can't wait to show here.

For starters, here's Dad and my Uncle Tom, circa 1941:


Now, here's my nephew Sammy, circa 2010:


To complete the circle, here's "Pop-Pop", Sammy and a pony!


Probably not the same pony...