Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, September 23, 2011

More Movie Quotes

When Things Get Slow, Run With An Old Meme!!

I was sorting through a stack of DVDs when I started quoting lines of dialogue to myself. So, I thought you might as well join in the fun.

While it would be very easy to Google the answers, you will not do this! It is against the Blogger Honor Code, and on some of the more obscure quotes, I'll know!!

So, here's a bunch of quotes from 20 of my favorite films. Post your answers in the comments, or if you want to keep your hard work between me & thee, email them to me! Addy's in the sidebar. <------

The winner gets a DVD of my choice!!

Have fun!
1) "I've been ionized, but I'm okay now."

2) Character #1 - "Here's to the Army and Navy and the battles they have won; here's to America's colors, the colors that never run."
Character #2 - "May the wings of liberty never lose a feather."

3) Character #1 - "I thought I was a hard man, sir."
Character #2 - "You are merely a general. I must be a king."

4) "Now listen to me you benighted muckers. We're going to teach you soldiering. The world's noblest profession. When we're done with you, you'll be able to slaughter your enemies like civilized men."

5) Character #1 - "Dear Lord, please don't let me fuck up!"
Character #2 - "I didn't quite copy that. Say again, please."
Character #1 - "I said everything's A-OK!"

6) "Yeah, I mean aside from the cheating, we were a great couple. I mean that's what high school was about, algebra, bad lunch, and infidelity."

7) Character #1 - "Teaching is just a way to pay the bills until I finish my novel."
Character #2 - "How long you been workin' on it?"
Character #1 - "Four and a half years."
Character #3 - "It must be very good."
Character #1 - "It's a piece of shit. Would anyone like to smoke some pot?"

8) "They were Methodists, a denomination my father referred to as Baptists who could read."

9) Character #1 - "Who's this? Who are you?"
Character #2 - "I'm the player to be named later."

10)Character #1 - "Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy."
Character #2 - "Intent? How did you establish that?"
Character #1 - "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
[walks out of the room]
Character #2 - "He's got a point."

11) "They sent in their best man, and when we roll across the 59th Street bridge tomorrow, on our way to freedom, we're going to have their best man leading the way - from the neck up!"

12) "If you marched a hundred and six miles by the stars and your calculations were just one per cent out, you could pass the Eiffel Tower in daylight and never even see it."

13) "It's a terrible thing to hate your mother. But I didn't always hate her. When I was a child, I only kind of disliked her."

14) "All I did was say to my wife, That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah!"

15) "Let me tell you what you're dealing with here. I run a franchise. The company hired me to dig as much ore out of this hellhole as possible. My hookers are clean, some of them are good looking. My booze isn't watered. The workers are happy. When the workers are happy, they dig more ore. They get paid more bonus money. When they dig more ore, the company's happy. When the company's happy, I'm happy."

16) Character #1 - "You passed out cigarettes for a smoke-a-thon on Earth Day. You installed speed bumps on the handicapped ramps and, most recently, you dumped 100 pounds of... MEAT on a peaceful vegan protest!"
Character #2 - "Oh, come on! That was way more than 100 pounds!"

17) "The only life I saw for the last million miles were the hypnotized bunnies. Most of them are now wedged in the tires."

18) Character #1 - "Can you give me one good reason why I should let my sons march down that road like a bunch of damn fools?"
Character #2 - "Virginia needs all her sons, {Character #1's Name}."
Character #1 = "They don't belong to the state, they belong to ME! When they were babies I never saw the state comin' around here with a spare tit!"

19) Character #1 - "Come on, we're headin' downtown."
Character #2 - "Where your warrant at?"
Character #1 - "Behind that preposition."
Character #2 - "What?"
Character #1 - "Didn't you go to school? You can't end a sentence with a preposition."
Character #2 - "Oh. Then, uh, where your warrant at, motherfucker?"

20) Character #1 - "Good luck to you, you Godless murderers."
Character #2 - "That's one of the most moving benedictions I ever heard."


GOOD LUCK!!