Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, December 20, 2004

Techno-SlowYourLoadingToACrawl-erati

I finally did what I ought to have done weeks ago, and moved that damned Technorati javascript code out of the side bar and down to the bottom of the page. I never had much of a lag accessing my blog at home, but elsewhere it seemed to take ages for the page to load. I knew it was either Technorati or the TTLB Ecosystem scripts causing the lag, but I didn't want to muck around in the template and cause any HTML implosions in Blogger's service, either.

Well, all better now. The Technorati java code is now the very last thing to load, so all the posts should pop up a lot quicker. God only knows how many visitors got scared off the past couple of months due to having to wait up to 45 seconds to see any posts.

Anyway, if you're running Technorati, you might move it lower in your template. Just a friendly bit of advice!!