Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Just in case I wasn't PO'ed enough...

Grrr... people just chap my ass sometimes.

I get this email from Paypal saying that the seller of an item I've bought on eBay has refused my payment. That struck me as kinda odd. It's not a large amount of money, so the fact that my money will be in limbo for 5-7 days while the details work themselves out is really a non-issue.

It turns out that the seller had exceeded her monthly transfer limit, and Paypal wanted her to upgrade to a commercial account (and pay the higher fees), or else wait until her account reset on Feb. 4th to be able to accept more money.

Now, that's not what riled me up. I don't blame her for not wanting to fork over her profits to Paypal. She offered to let me wait until Feb. 4th to pay. All is well & good.

Until she wrote this:
If you decide to use PayPal on February 4 I will still leave positive feedback.
You will? Aw, gee, lady! That's awful swell of ya!

Listen, you dim bint! I paid (or made an honest effort to pay) within minutes of the end of the auction! You were the one making the offer to let me delay the payment until *YOUR* problem got fixed!

If the postage wouldn't end up being more than the auction amount, I'd mail her a bucketful of old corroded pennies to settle the tab. I'm in that kind of mood today.