Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanks... And Full Disclosure

Money's Burnin' A Hole In My Pocket!

Thanks to everyone for chiming on the computer purchase options. I've learned a valuable lesson, though. When you get up at 5 a.m. to pee, and you decide on a whim to fire up the decade-old PowerMac 7200 and surf a bit to pass the time, and suddenly see the computer you want is available, you BUY IT RIGHT THEN!!!

I thought I'd wait until I got to work, see what the commenters had to say. Of course, by the time I'd arrived at work, saw the comments and got my credit card out, they were sold out of the model I wanted. Sigh. Strike while the iron is hot, blogger buddies, lest ye be left behind! I may not get it this weekend, but I'll be all over the next available batch like a buzzard on roadkill.

Rorschach has made a couple of suggestions that I forego the Mac and be seduced by the Dark Side of computing. I really do appreciate his logic and zeal, but you would have an easier time convincing Jerry Falwell to dress up in a French maid outfit and fellate Pat Robertson on national TV than you would getting me to switch platforms.

Sorry, dude. I have wrangled this wrangle for years with my buddy Zibig and Cisco Kid. Yea, verily, I have drunk deeply of the Cupertino Kool-Ade, and shall follow the path of The Jobs and The Woz unto the end of my days. Seyla.

Refighting the PC/Mac argument over and over for the last 15 years has become deeply tiresome. There are a thousand good reasons to switch to a PC. There are also a thousand good reasons to switch to a Mac. Be content with your chosen "religion", and let me go my own way. In return, I promise not to snicker too hard when the next worm or virus or proprietary rootkit wreaks havoc on your registry.

Looks like the 17" iMac and an iPod, and if they get here in the next week, I'll just be $hittin' in tall cotton!