Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, September 04, 2006

Busy Holiday Weekend

Well, Busy In The Figurative Sense, Anyway.

I managed to blog a bit in the wee hours of the morning on Sunday, but that's about all I did. Most of Saturday was spent horizontal, with occasional trips to the can and to the kitchen. Perfect start to a three day weekend, as far as I'm concerned.

I get too little sleep during the week, due to early starts and late bedtimes, so Saturday is my catchup day. My hibernation in front of a 74 degree A/C vent and an oscillating fan was spoiled a bit by the rattle & hum of the lawn care service, but that's a small price to pay (that, and a $40 check) for not having to get up and do it yourself. I don't think I've got another bill I so cheerfully pay.

Sunday was spent con mi familia, with my sister and BIL coming into town for an all-too brief visit. Sis still has friends scattered all over Houston, so we get whatever time is left over between her social calls.

Got to see my favorite little man for a while. He's growing like a weed.




I wish I could say today was spent doing cookouts in the park, or trips to the beach. Alas, I spent it driving around Houston doing actual Labor, since I'm behind schedule at work. I needed to go put some Mk.1 eyeballs on some trouble spots, since minions of The Man weren't giving me reliable info.

The best part of a Monday holiday is the short week that follows. I made the mistake of volunteering for project on Friday, which will gain me brownie points with the uber-boss, at the cost of even more lost sleep. Oh, well. That's what *next* Saturday's for...