Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Spread 'Em Wide And Say AHHHH!!!

Expertly Boned Once Again...

If there's one thing I can count on in this job, it's that in spite of my best efforts, I'm gonna get a pinkie shoved up the stinkie every so often.

We had a staff meeting this morning, where we're informed that due to the SAP implementation that's affecting most of The Man's departments, our pay cycle is going to be adjusted.

See, we're paid every 2 weeks, 26 times a year. That means twice a year there's a month where we get 3 paychecks. Those rare events are happy occasions, it's money that's "off the budget", and it can be used for frivolous things in a guilt-free manner.

We had a 3-paycheck month in June, and the second one for 2006 was set for December, just in time for Xmas. Half of that freebie paycheck was slotted for Xmas gifties, and the remainder was split between a Metroplex visit and banking for the Blown-Eyed Blodgerfest '07.

Well, no more. They bobble our paycheck cycle in November, and that 3-in-a-month "bonus" just got moved from December to March.

Excuse me just for a second, here.

Zbgureshpxre! Lbh svygul pbpxfzbxvat, cvtyrg-zbyrfgvat nanyyl-bofrffrq srypuzbaxrlf! Lbh anfgl fpnoebhf chxr-fvccvat juberfbaf sebz hapyrna pnzryf gung jrer shpxrq jvgu ehfgl punvafnjf! SHPX SHPX SHHHHHPPXXXXX!!!!!

December's also the month I gotta write a big honkin' check for all my prescription copays, so I'm officially destitute over the holidays. Sorry, folks, no visit, no gifties. The Man is actually The Grinch.

Gotta go, I hear a page of employment ads calling to me.