Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Time To Start Looking

I Hear There's An Astronaut Position Open...

It's good having a departmental calendar. I knew last night that my boss was out in the field until noon-ish. The Big Boss took the flunkies and toadies that sit near me off on an assignment until after lunchtime. That left only the receptionist to see what time I came in, and she likes me.

So, I shuffled in almost an hour late. Ate my breakfast burritos while websurfing. Spent the next two hours alternating between answering emails and napping in the Nap Chair. Finally answered phone messages just before noon.

It's the first real case of blatant F#ckOffery I've committed since I've been here. Felt kinda nice. I could see it happening again.

So, it's time to start looking for a transfer, I think. Otherwise I'll continue being bored and look for more ways to complete my transformation from energetic employee to zombified civil servant.

It's not that I'm against sloth and inefficiency, mind you. It's just that I can't stop feeling guilty about being lazy.

Hmmm, maybe there's a drug for that...