Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, April 30, 2007

Another Blogpost Conglomeration

Just Not Enough Hours In The Day...

Someone set the Suckularity Machine on 'High' and broke off the key. Life's getting weird...

I'm gonna have to combine several posts into one again... It's kinda like canned condensed soup, but just add a beer to your gullet instead of water, and it'll almost seem like homemade!

Item #1: My home computer shat itself again... The techno-weenies think it'll be fixable, but I just don't have the time this week or next to fix it, nor do I have the energy to explain what happened and why. So, posting might suffer. We'll just have to wait & see.


Item #2: Texas Blogfest this coming weekend in Kerrville! Details are here! I plan to be rolling into Kerrville around 3 pm, assuming a falling meteorite or a giant armadillo doesn't turn me into gringo paste along the way.
I'm gonna check in, mix up something tasty in a travel mug, and go hang out in the lobby. You won't miss me. I guarantee it.


Item #3: I would be remiss if I let another day go past without thanking Walrilla for his gracious nomination to the Thinking Bloggers.



I meant to post about this on Saturday, but see #1 for my excuse.

I'm supposed to link here, and nominate 5 other bloggers that make me think. Alas, I'm sorta Tail-End Charlie on this one, and most of my blogroll is either already nominated, or have so much traffic they could give a flip about what I think, much less bother to do a reciprocal link.

So, if you're a favorite of mine, you know who you are. You get emails from the real me, not my blog persona, and I try to comment on your blog whenever I have something snarkerrific to say.


Item #4: 100 proof peppermint schnapps just isn't the fun tasty beverage it used to be in college. Now, it mostly seems to taste like 5 pounds of mentholated sugar dissolved in a pint of naptha. Anyway, if you're interested in trying some, I'll have a bottle with a couple of snorts removed at the blogfest. Enjoy, but don't set yourself on fire!


Item #5: Dallas Meow apparently loves me. Not quite sure why, but I'll roll with it...


Item #6: Finally, go check out this post at LesJones.com, which I found via Tam's site. It's a poll of the greatest movie car chases ever.

Steve McQueen's 'Bullitt' rightly has the top spot, which will make my buddy Rockhauler very happy. I had to vote for 'The Blues Brothers' for purely sentimental reasons!



Go watch the clips, even if you don't vote!