Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Bed Rest & Lots Of Fluids!

Where's My #$#%&*#@ Chicken Soup??

Oh, man... I am really tired of Gatorade & hot tea. It seems I'm drinking a gallon an hour, but my lips are chapped, and my fingers are all wrinkly from fluid loss/dehydration. Color me confused. Can you lose that much fluid via phlegm?

The swelling under my jaw has mostly disappeared, as has the fever. I'll still get a spike just over 100F once a day or so, but I'm hoping I'm on the downhill curve of this thing.

I just want to go get a big bloody steak and chili/cheese/onion enchiladas. Four days of bland food (and not much of it) has got me a bit grouchy.

Oh, if you ever decide to make yourself the excellent cough & cold remedy of sour mash whiskey, honey, lemon & hot water, MODERATION IS KEY!! I thought I was having a relapse last night. Turns out it was just the big ol' 32 oz mug (with about 5 oz of Mr. Daniels) that was having its way with my balance & perception!