Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Ice Has How Many Calories???

The Guvmint Run Amok, Pt. 4568

Was this table of nutritional content really necessary on a bag of ice?



Ingredients: Water

Yeah, no shit, Poindexter. Maybe it's that 1 mg of sodium per serving that's causing all the ruckus.

8 liquid ounces x 40 servings = 320 ounces
20 lbs @ 16 oz. per lb = 320 ounces
Proving once again that "a pint's a pound the world 'round"

Oh, well. I'll give you some Frost to send you on your way. I've always been an Ice man, myself. Damn Fire types are just too... hotheaded.

Fire & Ice by Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.