Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, February 23, 2007

Whither Thou Goatse

This Topic Is NOT Particularly Worksafe...

I'm not gonna spend a lot of time explaining the concept of Goatse. It's one of those internet pictures that some 'friend' emails you as a joke, and you're scarred for life after catching the briefest glimpse of it before breaking your fingers stabbing madly at the Delete key.

Wikipedia has a pretty concise writeup of the topic, and if you just gotta see the shock picture in all its glory, you can...

(UPDATE: JUST TURN BACK NOW!!! DON'T GO ANY FARTHER! YOU'RE GONNA REGRET IT!! I WARNED YA!!)

(Additional warning provided on recommendation of two dissatisfied commenters... what part of "scarred for life" as unclear?? Hehehe...)

Lay out a bottle of eyebleach, phone your next of kin, then go here. (NSFW!!!)

So, why raise such an open-ended discussion? 'Cause I found my own real-life version of Goatse while poking around on Google Earth! It's the football stadium for my old school district!

This site documents real-world sightings and parodies of the Goatse phenomenon. I emailed the site admin the version I found on GoogleEarth, but it hasn't been posted. I just want the "First" credit, dammit!