Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Hope, Change, & Free Sheepdip.

I Thought All The Texas Hippies Were In Austin...

I had a meeting at a facility being used as an early-voting location on Friday. To call it a circus would be an understatement. TV crews, fanatical partisans, the works.

I talked with the site manager about the spectacle, which has apparently been going on all week. Seems the voting is leaning heavily Democrat, about 4-1 over GOP. How much of that is due to GOP'ers sneaking in to vote the Dem ticket to sway the vote, I can't say. I can say that the crowd was extremely heavy on Birkenstocks and "Bush Lied" bumperstickers.

I had entertained thoughts of voting myself, but the two hour wait convinced me to instead celebrate payday and the end of a hard week with $50 worth of bourbon and seafood at a local eatery instead.

I eavesdropped on a few media interviews. Seems most of the people shilling for Obama were having trouble articulating just how he would be better than Shrillary or McCain. They sure were energetic, though...