Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm Leavin' On An Econoline!

Don't Know When I'll Be Back Again...

Time for a brief sabbatical, my Baboonadelphians!

Unca Tom is the host for this year's family reunion up in Oklahoma City, so I am about to spend many hours traveling in a rented 15 passenger van with Mom, Dad, Sis, BIL, and a 3 year old nephew and a 1 year old niece.

First stop is tonight as sister's place outside Austin, tomorrow a.m. we head for OKC. It will no doubt be a hellish experience, since my sister will not allow duct tape and laudanum to be used on her kids to ease their travel anxiety.

Dad's driving, which means I can assuage MY travel anxiety with a steady stream of bourbon. In fact, I can pretty much plan on being blotto most of the weekend.

I have no idea what to expect. I can always hope for a rousing game of Pin The Tail On The Okie, but in the end, I'm sure we'll just end up sitting in someone's hotel room talking while the assorted offspring screech and yell out in the hotel pool under the watchful eye of the unlucky cousin that drew the short straw.

I'll try to post updates & pics if I get any sort of decent interweb connection. This IS Oklahoma, though, so I'm sure 14.4 dialup is still about as fast as things get in that barren dustbowel. Oops, I meant dustBOWL. Yeah... right...

See y'all next week...