Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chilled Poultry Bits

Tastes Just Like Chicken!

Didja know if you rip all the flesh off a chicken and tear it into little bits, you can fit it all into two pint containers?

I went to Boston Market for some meatloaf last night. I love a good meatloaf, and don't like to make it myself, so I go get the 3-person meal and split it between dinner and lunch the following day.

They had a special offer, though. Buy a $17.99 family meal, and add a roast chicken for $1.99.

OK, don't need to twist my arm for that deal. Hand over the chicken, Sparky!

I sat watching a DVD last night after dinner and skinned & deboned the chicken as I watched. The original plan involved making chicken salad, but on a few random samples tasted (strictly for quality control purposes!), this bird was too tasty to coat with mayonnaise and chopped celery.

So, I packed the poultry bits into containers, and brought one for lunch today. It's quite delicious cold.

Tonight I'll get home and toss the leftover meatloaf slices in a skillet and get it nice & crispy on the edges before popping the slices in fresh potato rolls.

This weekend, I'm back on the salads... Gotta build up a protein reserve!