Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cool Food For Hot Weather

I'm Pretty Sure I Could Eat Grapes Until I Exploded.

I ran across this concoction at Central Market, and it is some tasty, tasty salad!

I'm going to take a stab at the recipe. I know what's in it, since the deli label has the ingredients, but it doesn't list the exact proportions.

Get the biggest, plumpest grapes you can for this salad, and discard any that are soft & mooshy.

Ingredients:

1 lb Seedless Red Grapes
1 lb Seedless Green Grapes
3 ounces Maytag Bleu cheese, crumbled
3 ounces chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons Canola oil
2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
Fresh ground black pepper
Kosher salt

Put grapes in a large bowl, & set aside. Combine the liquid ingredients in a smaller bowl, and gently stir until smooth. Add in cheese & nuts and stir until they are well coated. Salt & pepper to taste. Pour over grapes, gently toss. Serve immediately!
Mucho Gusto!