Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, December 04, 2009

WTF Is All This White Stuff??

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Today kind of reminds me of that old Doonesbury cartoon strip where Raoul Duke was Governor of American Samoa, and as usual for Duke, things are coming apart at the seams. A volcano has erupted since he failed to sacrifice a virgin to the volcano gods, and the lava flow has covered the island. He's been refused aid, except for the U.N., which sent two math teachers.

As he stands in the surf contemplating the catastrophe, snowflakes begin to drift down. He turns to his aide and remarks "I'm a reasonable man, Macarthur, so I know this isn't snow..."

The aide replies, "Pay it no mind, Excellency. It never sticks."

Well, it's sticking here in Houston. That damned Glow-Bull Worming has brought us the earliest snowfall in Houston's history.

Y'all stay warm. I'm gonna go out and find some black ice and see how well my four-wheel drive works...