Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, December 11, 2011

After-Action Report

El Capitan Puts On His Drinking Cap

I saw a commercial a few weeks ago advertising a new beer from Guinness.

It was a lager, not a stout. I do enjoy a Guinness Stout every so often, but it's a bit heavy for regular drinking.

A couple of weeks prowling the supermarkets turned up no sign of the new brew, so I stopped by the local MegaLiquorMart to inquire.

Score!!



I got home, and sampled a few whilst perched on the front porch with book & cigar.

The result? I am whelmed.

Not overwhelmed, not underwhelmed. Just whelmed.

In other words, meh. If you want a Guinness, drink the stout. It's what they do best. If you want a dark beer, stick with Shiner Bock, Michelob Amber Bock, or Negra Modelo.