Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Fitz Special Candidate??

I Certainly Have The Belly For A Belly Gun...

For some reason, I've been thinking about making a Fitz Special.

No particular need for one, I just like the historical aspect, and my buddy Zibig would giggle his ass off if I started toting around a tiny little snubnose revolver.

Anyway, this showed up at Collector's Firearms:


An older Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 Special. It's already had an inch of barrel chopped, the front sight ground down and the hammer bobbed. All I'd have to do would be cut the trigger guard to shape:


They've also got a newer version, the Bulldog Pug, but I'm a bit leery of anything Charter Arms made in the last decade.


Maybe I'd better wait for an old beater Colt to show up. If I get a Charter Arms .44 Bulldog, my neighbor's dog might start talking to me and telling me to go kill people...