Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, April 11, 2005

Hitchhiker's Guide To Movies That Suck

Well, I could have told you it was going to suck. What I failed to realize was the high degree of Transgalactic Suckularity that would be applied to the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy movie.

Sigh. I loathed the BBC TV version of HHGTTG, mostly due to the cheesy/low rent FX that are the hallmark of a government-run venture. The radio show was OK, but for me, nothing beat just picking up my old dog-eared copies of Hitchhiker's Guide and reading a few chapters. I said copies, 'cause I was always loaning it out, and never getting it back. I finally bought two copies, and keep one wrapped in a towel (so I'll know where my towel is) under the bed, and I refuse to loan out the other.

Oh, well. One less movie to go see this summer. Up yours, Disney! Stick with animation.

I'd thank Laurence of IFOC for the link, but I'm kinda sorry I clicked it now.