Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

When You Fuck Up, Make Sure It's Spectacular!

That way, no one will ever forget it.


I am about to hurl on this keyboard. I'd try to go to the john, but I'm so weak-kneed from self-loathing, I don't know if I can make it.

I just took a look at the wedding invite for this weekend, to make sure I had the time right so I could arrive in plenty of time. See, at the wedding of the Maid of Honor for this weekend's wedding, I arrived just in time for her to walk down the aisle. Bad form on my part, and one I didn't care to repeat.

So, I pull out the invite. OK, it's out in Hockley, Tx, so about 30 min travel time. 6 p.m. kickoff, so a 3:30 call time gets me cleaned up, spiffed up, time to go get the gift, and out there with time to spare.

Nice day for a wedding, a Saturday. A day that will be their anniversary for years and years. Need to mark that down. April 2nd.

APRIL SECOND!?!?!! FUCK! SHIT! DAMN!!!!

Ahhh, the glorious feeling, knowing you've fucked it up REAL GOOD! No way to fix this one. Just plain carelessness and a profound lack of wall calendars. Cap flakes out again. I've gone the last 2 months thinking it was on April 9th.

God, I am so disgusted with myself right now. Now I understand why monks wore hair shirts and whipped themselves.

Grrrrrr.... (flog flog flog flog flog)