Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Oh, No!! More Stuff About Me??!?!!?

I'm kinda pressed for time this week. I've got about 47 irons in the fire, and to top it all off, I've got to pack my office and prepare to move to another floor in the building by Friday at 3pm.

So.... not a lot of original content this week. Usually I can take a break, squeeze out from under the thumb of The Man, and post during lunch. Lunch this week is mostly Diet Dr Pepper out of the vending machine. So, as I suffer, so will the blogging, unfortunately.

I'll shamelessly steal this blogidea from Dash of Boiling Point, who shamelessly stole it from his friend Tanker at Mostly Cajun. What the hell. It ain't plagiarism if you cite your sources...

Here we go!


What time is it? 3:45 on a Tuesday afternoon. I'm on lunch break, and conforming to the Electronic Communications Acceptable Use policy, so quit whining about wasted profits!

Name as it appears on birth certificate? Nope, Anonymoblogging is the way we play the game.

Piercing? Left ear lobe. Did it myself when I was 18 with a Bic lighter-sterilized safety pin, and a couple of ice cubes.

Eye color? Blue. Ranges from gray-blue to bright blue depending on mood and what color I'm wearing.

Place of birth? Dallas, TX

Favorite food? Chili dogs.

Ever been to Africa? Nope, though I've always been attracted to the Dark Continent. I applied for work on a freighter hauling peanuts and mineral ores from the Ghana/Ivory Coast region when I was 18. Needless to say, I didn't get the job. In 1995 I explored the possibility of spending a summer running khat into Somalia from Ethiopia, but our principal investor/pilot got cold feet and pulled out of the deal. I still say we could've made serious coin, and come home with a planeload of AK-47s to boot. I maintain a fervent hope that Robert Mugabe will get attacked by rabid baboons and have his entrails scattered all over Zimbabwe, in preparation for the re-establishment of Rhodesia. The place ain't been the same since they threw out Ian Smith.

Favorite clothing? Linen slacks and cotton shirts. I'm embarassed to admit it, but after getting used to formal business dress at work, I feel odd not wearing a button-down shirt and tie when I'm out in public.

Ever been toilet papering? Many, many times. Never got caught either.

Have you ever had a speeding ticket? Three in my driving career. Don't ask how many tickets I've had for expired tags, though.

Been in a car accident? Yes. Been rear-ended twice, and tapped a lady's bumper once, knocking off a bit of plastic trim. No injuries, though.

Favorite day of the week I've always kinda dug Fridays.

Favorite restaurant? Tough to make this call without breaking it down by cuisine. Though it is a chain, I'm quite happy eating at Texas Land & Cattle as often as I can afford it. I'ma huge fan of their smoked sirloin steak and baked sweet potato with cinnamon-butter.

Favorite flower? Bluebonnets.

Favorite sport to watch? I watch three, and only three. The Superbowl, the Kentucky Derby, and the Indy 500.

Favorite drink? Iced tea. I consume it by the half-gallon.

Favorite fast food restaurant? Sonic Drive-In.

What color is your bedroom carpet? Grey and ground-in cat-hair color.

How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Passed it the first time.

Favorite perfume? Hoppe's #9

What do you do most often when you are bored? Read. Websurf. Eat. Play yet another game of Age of Empires.

Bedtime? Between midnight and 1 a.m., most nights.

What is your favorite color? Dark green.

How many tattoos do you have? Three. See 100 Things About Me for more details.

Ever run out of gas? Yes, but always within spitting distance of a gas station. Usually because I'm heading there to fill up when I run out.

What is the last book you read? 'The Confusion' by Neal Stephenson. Vol. II in Stephenson's Baroque Cycle.
Can't speak highly enough of his work. Fantastic stuff for them folks that's got the gumption to stick with it.