Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, May 13, 2005

Blogrolling

I read a bit of advice the other day that's been keeping my ponderer pondering. I wish I could remember where I picked it up, but in essence the advice was to NOT do a reciprocal blogroll. It's nice that others put you on their links page or buddies list, but if you're not reading their stuff, then you can't really recommend them based on their current output, therefore why advertise them? I can agree with that in theory, but I don't know if I can comply. If someone's linking to me, it's not that much trouble to return the favor. The fact that I'm slow to put people up on my blogroll is more a matter of procrastination than a reluctance based on their blog content.

OTOH, I really haven't had someone link to me that I've seriously disagreed with, so I haven't had to make that judgement call yet. To be honest, the odds of bloggers like Oliver "Dunderhead" Willis and "Screw 'em" Kos linking to me are astronomically remote, but there's no way in hell I'd feel obligated to reciprocate.

I've had a bunch of folks in the last month link me, and I'm starting to feel bad that I haven't expanded my blogroll. I'm procrastinating worse than usual this go-round, 'cause on the last update I screwed up and made the batch of graphical links 5 pixels wider than the others, and don't really want to go back and fix them, cause it's a massive PITA. Still, I need to do it before I start on any new ones.

So, until I get the urge to go .gif-tweaking, here's a selection of folks that have linked me, and I'm just way overdue in giving them some recognition. Drop in and check 'em out.

Straight White Guy - Eric's all over the blogosphere. He's people that *knows* people! I've dropped in his place from time to time, but I'm gonna have to start reading more often, 'cause he's in tight with my dueling partner!

Grendel's Dragon - Linked up with me as a result of the New Blogger Showcase. New, but a lot of promise! Plus, he's a Bucs fan, so that's just all kinds of cool with this pirate!

Down For Repairs - The illustrator of the Bloginatrix!

Lollygaggin - I dunno how she found me, but I'm sure glad I followed the link on the server log back to her! This is some funny, funny stuff! I was amazed at the similarity of our blogrolls, so I'm not too surprised we collided. Go see how things play in Peoria!

Ramblings' Journal - If you want to read the blog of a black conservative, (and they're rare around these parts) here's the place to go. I know Lashawn Barber gets all the press, but Michael King is eminently more readable, and you don't have to wade through hip-deep moralizing. A good man, and a good blog.

Numenous Thoughts - Wish I could tell you the full story here about how I discovered who this blogger was. The puppy gave it away! That's all I'm saying!

That's all for now. Gotta go price plane tix to New Orleans!