Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Blogfestus Interruptus

'Cause Karma Doesn't Want Me To Have A Fun Weekend

I knew that religion quiz would come back and bite me on the ass.

OK, to get straight to the point, my nephew Sammy appears to have some form of meningitis.

They did a spinal tap, and they're pretty certain it's a viral form, not the bacterial form that cleans your clock in 48 hours. His temperature has dropped since they put him in the hospital, so he's not in immediate peril.

Last report had him in good spirits and flirting with the nurses. Damn, if I'd known sticking out your tongue, cooing and gurgling attracted hot young women, I'd have been doing it long ago.

All this is going to put me on a short leash this weekend, and absolutely kill any possibility of leisurely floating down a river or getting completely plastered. I'm gonna need to be no more than 10 steps from the Caddy all weekend.

So, I'll be there when I'm there, and I'll leave when I have to. That's just how it's gotta be. Hope y'all will understand.

See ya there.