Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

More Baby Stuff

Our Own Little Soap Opera Continues

Little Sammy is still running a fever, and it's staying up in the 101-102 range. Turns out he's got some form of viral infection. My sister and BIL say he didn't get it from the babysitter's place, but who really knows how these things happen. Probably one of their dogs ate something dead and smelly, then swiped a tongue over Sammy's face while he was in the swingy chair. Might even be an outbreak of Horrible Poisonous Toads in the area. Damn warty bastards!

If he's not still under the weather, I'll get to see him again this Saturday. He's just growing like a weed. As much as I'd like him to stay a cute little baby forever, I'm looking forward to him growing up so I can do a better job of spoiling him rotten, and sending him home to my sister full of sugar and bearing noisy toys. I'm pretty sure there's a AA ball club somewhere in his neck of the woods for us to go watch. I'm going to start lobbying for Tee-ball and Little League as opposed to soccer. If the kid's getting into sports, it might as well be a homegrown one, not some Eurowuss pastime. Yeah, yeah, I know... soccer players run constantly for the entire game. whatever. Try doing that AND tackling people, twinkletoes. Besides, MLB and NFL are good names for sports leagues. "FIFA" sounds like a damned poodle.

Alas, Sammy's still not quite got the manual dexterity to chamber a round in even the teensiest of my pistols. Sigh. All those guns to shoot, so many years to wait...

Andy's daughter Anwen will probably not be allowed to reap the benefit of my large firearms collection. OTOH, I'll likely be able to supply her with all manner of pointy bladed objects as she grows up with Andy's full approval! Hell, I can even instruct her in the fine art of scalping and dismemberment about the time she reaches dating age. Sure, there might be a minor kerfuffle the first time a grabby suitor pulls back a stump, but that's what growing up is all about!