Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

People Really Piss Me off.

Put A Cork In It, You Ignorant Peon!

Assholes! I'm surrounded by assholes!

Just got off a extreeeeeeemely long phone call with a guy that's got a beef with METRO. After the 7th time telling him that I have ZERO oversight or regulatory authority over METRO, which like most transit authorities is an independent entity, I finally gave up and just let him rant.

See, apparently it's my job as a government drone to come over and give this guy a medical evaluation, picket METRO's board meetings, gather petition signatures, lobby Congress and the DOT to change the transportation laws to allow people with minor ailments to get curbside service to wherever they want to go free of charge 24/7. Oh, and please call him and let him know when I'm finished, 'cause he's much too busy to do any of this on his own.

What a shmuck. I just wanted to grab him by the ears and shake some sense into him. Goddamn entitlement junkies! If you want something done, get off your ass and drop in on your Councilman! Attend a Council meeting! Organize with others like yourself! That's how stuff gets done!

Damn. It's not even 10 am, and I'm already PO'ed. Gonna be a long one.