Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, June 26, 2005

A Quick Update

Sorry for the lack of posting over the weekend. As odd as it seems for a blogfest, we had umpteen bloggers there, and only one laptop. I don't think anyone got any real posting in. I only got to check email once.

I desperately need a shower and a tall glass of something cold & intoxicating after that drive, but here's some tidbits...

Thanks so much to everyone wishing little Sammy well. He did indeed have viral meningitis, but he's been fever-free for 3 days now, and my sister and BIL took him home from the hospital this afternoon. We're gonna have the Grandmas duel it out for babysitting duty over the next few weeks so the parents can get back to work and earn some $$$ to pay that hospital deductible.

LC Beth makes some fantastic BBQ ribs and a tasty but lethal frozen whiskey sour slush. Keep an eye on her site for the slush recipe. She'd tell you the BBQ sauce recipe, but then she'd have to kill you.

Kurt makes beef jerky so well, he oughta quit his job and make this stuff full time. His wife's just as nice as can be, but I think she's a bit gobsmacked by us daft Yank bloggers. Oh, yeah, we drink horrible beer, too. Sorry, Mrs. Trainwreck! I'll lay in a stock of Blackthorne and Strongbow Cider for next time!!

If anyone needs several gallons of Trainwreck Stew, contact Spats. He might have a source! For a BBQ pit and river toobs, Dash is the preferred source for professional blogparty fixings! Wish we had more of his family show up, but we'll take what we can get! It was good seeing him again.

AJ is now an official Texan via transplant. Anyone knowing the whereabouts of a giant longhorn stud bull, please let him know. We need to disabuse him of the notion that Holsteins are large cows.

Mr. Minority and family are a heck of a lot of fun. I mean, we expect one blogger, we get 5 people ready for a party! Can't get a better deal than that!

Denita and Eric were Zane-less this weekend, which meant we got to chat a lot more that the last go-round. I gotta say, Denita's absolutely fearless. Shot every big-bore gun I had, and did it pretty well, too!

Zippo was the Grand Panjandrum and gracious host for the weekend, (along with his wife Stomps With Foot) except when his tow-headed blue-eyed granddaughter showed up, in which case he turned into jello in her hands! Can't really blame him, she's a sweetie!

I know I'm forgetting some folks, mostly out of the extended Zippo clan, but I'm about brain-fried at the moment. We had Stu and Stacy and Ray and ... and.... and.... See? I just go blank. I blame those whisky sour slushes.

More after a while, friends and neighbors.