Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, October 31, 2005

It's A Baboon Birthday!

Celebrating One Year Of Waving Our Colorful Butts In The Air

Ahem...

"Happy Birthday to you!
You belong in a zoo!
You look like a monkey,
And you smell like one too!"


Heard that sung to me every birthday by my Dad, from as early as I can remember until well into my teens. Nothing like growing up in the pre-self esteem era!

I alluded to this blog's milestone in this week's Carnival of the Vanities post, but I'll make it official here.

Baboon Pirates has survived its first year!

12 months of blogging, almost 700 separate posts covering everything from politics to recipes to guns to free-ranging watermelons.

I've seen a lot this year. Many blogs have been born, a lot have given up the ghost. Hell, this week alone, we lost Catalano, Spoons Experience and most likely Graumagus. Both Christina and KDT disappeared, underwent a metamorphosis of sorts, then returned to us. There's been joy and sorrow aplenty all up & down my blogroll.

It's hard to say what's coming in the weeks and months ahead. I've met some great people through the local blogmeets and I hope to meet a lot more. I'm one of those folks that enjoys the status quo, and I'd love to see us all ride into the sunset together, blogging as we go. I know that's not gonna be the case, though. Meatspace always intrudes into these online personas, and you either accept the natural ebb and flow of life, or it'll drive you bananas.

A blog's only as good as its audience, and I'd be remiss if I didn't thank everyone for dropping in here from time to time to see what I'm gonna spew out next and/or keeping me amused through their own writings.

So, to Rob, Zip, Jenni, Dash, Serena, LC Beth, Samira, Rorshach, Lynnie Lou Who, Jim, Donny, Dax, Christina, Andy, Eric & Denita, Crimedog, Kurt, Grau, Kevin, Sheila, Steve, James, Velocidude, Cowboy Blob, George, Tiffany, Jeff, Daniel, Bert, Lila, Eric, AoM, AoD, Pammy, Sam, Tanker, Leslie, FlyGirl, Tkay, Connecticut Yankee, Cisco Kid, Kosher Red, Rockhauler, Zibig, Nelly, Nate, Kevin, Kathy and all the others I'm too scatterbrained to recall just now...

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!

Looking forward to Year Two!