Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, October 24, 2005

Long Lazy Weekend

As Usual, I Did As Little As Possible

I'm feeling some extreme guilt pangs for not posting this weekend. I feel I ought to be doing more to plug the upcoming Carnival Of The Vanities that will be ready to roll on Wednesday.

Still, the Carnival will sink or swim largely on the quality of the posts submitted. All I'm doing is putting them in an easily-digested format. I'm still dithering between two forms I've picked out. Either the COTV Dead Cat edition (complete with pics), or just a straightforward delivery according to subject matter.

Most times, I wouldn't blatantly wave a red cape at another blogger by considering posting pics of dead cats on the COTV, but I'm still a bit peeved at the comment left here by Laurence following his "Avignon" edition of a really poorly-hosted COTV a while back.

If I fuck it up, then you get to lambaste me, Larry. Until then, however, please go back to grilling asparagus, podcasting, bitching about METRO, sneering at fat people, catblogging or whatever fills your litterbox. We'll try to use our inferior skills in a manner pleasing to the überbloggers.

Sigh. I wonder if I oughta mention that my Lidge voodoo doll is cancelling out his Qualls Ooga-Booga dance? Nah, I'll wait until Game 4 for that...