Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

NOOOOO!!!!!!

Dammit! I Must Have My Sammiches!!

I knew things were going too well when the boss granted me the OK for two comp days this week. Dame Fortuna giveth, and that ol' bitch Fate takes something away.

I just saw this piece in the Barnacle...

Seems that Randall's is closing down a bunch of underperforming stores around Houston, and mine's on the list! I'm so pissed!

It's the only Randall's on my route to work, it's got a branch of my bank in the lobby, so I can stop and get cash without an obscene fee attached, and to add insult to injury, I'm about to be fresh out of submarine sammiches!

This Randall's makes what has to be, hands down, the best sub sandwiches EVER. Crusty bread, with enough heft to stand up to the pounds of meat and cheese inside. Homemade mayo spread thin, sammiches are fresh made every morning. I usually stopped once or twice a week to get them for lunch, and would swing by Friday afternoons when they marked them down to have weekend snackies.

Doggone it, if Randall's weren't one of my favorite stores, I'd boycott!

Sigh, back to eating lunch in the downtown tunnels.

Oh, here's the full list of the stores to be closed, for any Houstonites lurking here:

• 13350 Jones Road.

• 7320 Antoine

• 12555 Westheimer

• 6805 Highway 6 South

• 11021 Fuqua

• 7098 Bissonnet

• 1302 Blalock Dr.

• 4880 Louetta

• 1306 W. Davis

• 13140 Louetta

• 3126 FM 528 in Webster

• 570 El Dorado Blvd. in Webster

• 4610 Highway 6 South in Sugar Land

• 4802 Fairmont Parkway in Pasadena

• 2800 E. Broadway in Pearland

• 3047 John Redditt Dr. in Lufkin