Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, October 17, 2005

Not Looking Good For Fall Blogmeet

Darn Holidays...

I'd hoped we'd get one more blogmeet before we wrapped up 2005. You always think there's more time left than there really is. I didn't quite grasp how close we were to the end of the year until I was watching the preview for the new Harry Potter flick, and saw that the release date (Coming Holiday Season 2005!!!) was just one month away. As soon as all the Halloween crap gets swept out of the store aisles, we'll start seeing wreaths, poinsettias, and jolly white-bearded fat guys start to proliferate in retail establishments.

Oh, just for the record, there's only two white hairs in my beard so far, and I'm more curmudgeonly than jolly. Call me "Santa", and I'll belt you one!

So, between Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, all those assorted Homecoming games and holiday parties, not to mention the usual business-related Silly Season activities, I'm thinking that barring a miracle, we won't see another full-scale blogmeet until spring.

On that note, I'd like to ask the collective readership that haunts the blogroll but doesn't attend blogmeets, what's holding you back? What can we do in planning the next one that'll pull you out of your shell and get you to join the crowd? Where's the best locale for the next meet? Back in Dallas? Austin? Houston?

Your thoughts are welcome!