Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, October 17, 2005

Blogmeet Factions

So, Are You "In" or "Out"?

Hmmmm.... it seems that there's already a blogmeet in the works for the spring, and I'm just now hearing about it.

This is not surprising, as the planner is one of the TX/GA crowd. That's my designation of the folks from here (Lone Star State) who've ventured over to Georgia ( Red Dirt State) to play with the SE bloggers at their blodger-fest, whatever that is. I had my shot at joining in last July for the TX/GA meet in New Orleans, but bowed out due to heat, money, and general wussiness on my part.

No worries, it's all good. I got nothing against Jawja bloggers headin' over here. Heck, I even got a few on my blogroll, and vice-versa. It's just that the North Texas Blogfest/Bacchanal on the Comal crowd isn't on the same wavelength with the TX/GA crowd just yet.

I'll wave an accusatory digit at Her Feistiness for that. Since she hung up her blogging spurs, the main link (well, mine, anyway!) between them & us evaporated. Thanks go to the Omnibus Driver for pointing out the upcoming fiesta so we can bumrush tha joint politely join in the frivolities.

I'll drop a message on LC Beth, our TX planner extraordinaire. She needs to know about this! Zip, no worries, my brotha! We'll make this happen, or we'll pour on a broadside, board their ships, and keelhaul the lot of 'em! Yar!!!

This is the only link with info so far, AFAIK. If I hear back from Miss Shoe, I'll post more on the matter.