Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Those All-Important Decisions

I'm Such A Geek...

I almost ordered my iPod this morning along with the G5 iMac, but couldn't figure out what to engrave on the back. My initial reaction was to have my name and Texas driver's license number engraved, but I quickly smacked myself in the head for being a major tool. After all, if someone wants to steal the iPod, they'll have to pry it from my cold dead fingers, AFTER they step over 8 of their dead homies and pry the 1911A1 out of the cold dead fingers on my other hand!

I consulted with my favorite iPod-equipped pirate on a proper inscription on what is soon to be my constant companion. He had an excellent suggestion, shown here:



Cool idea, pulling from the Baboon Pirates blog tagline, but not quite what I was looking for. Believe it or not, I'm more than the sum total of my blogposts!

I had to get some Parrothead lyrics on there. I really wanted the whole verse from 'The Wino & I Know', which is one of my all time favorite Buffett tunes. You know, "Strange Situations, Wild Occupations, Livin' My Life Like A Song!" Damn thing won't all fit.

So, We'll pull a bit of online 'net piracy, a generous helping of SOG-giness and more than a touch of poor taste, and Voila!

The perfect iPod for El Capitan!