Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

El Capitan's Extra-Spiffy Weekend, Pt. 1

You'd Think I'd Be Quicker To Post About It...

*YAWN*

I'm still catching up on sleep from this weekend! Lots of stuff to talk about, but I keep having a nap attack before I can get it down on the blog!

It was a dual-purpose weekend, really. I met two of my favorite people in the world for dinner Friday night. I met both 'Chainsawed' and 'Harriet' in college, where we spent quite a bit of time hanging out and avoiding our more boring classes.

Note: Chainsawed probably isn't going to like her 'nom de blog', mainly 'cause she mentioned a long time back that I should quit tweaking her about using a powered-up chainsaw as a personal grooming device. You can see how well I take hints...

For that matter. 'Harriet' is gonna go apeshit at being called Harriet. She probably shouldn't have married Ozzie, then, huh? Heh. For someone who voted herself Least Likely To Marry & Have Kids 14 years ago (Yes, you DID! I was there!) 'Harriet' has taken to marriage and family like a fish to water. Hence, the 'Ozzie & Harriet' moniker for her and her husband! Hey, it coulda been Archie & Edith, or Ralph & Alice!

At any rate, we visited over dinner, then went back to Ozzie & Harriet's little love-nest for some more conversation. It's the first time I've seen Chainsawed since her wedding 6 years ago, and I haven't seen Harriet in about a year. Damn, time flies.

It was great seeing them both, and I wished we had more than a few hours to talk. Harriet & I have a standing invite to come visit Chainsawed up in Alaska. One of these years...

I could have kept them up until dawn talking some more, but I had to go home to pack and get just a bit of sleep for Part 2 of the weekend...