Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Fried Chicken Dicks

That Was Some Nassssty Stuff...

Got me a jones for some Popeye's Fried Chicken last night. It hits every so often, and I go pick up a box of the extra-spicy and then spend the next day belching and regretting it.

Usually I just get the chicken strips. You get to eat the whole thing, and since there's no bones to worry about, you don't have to peel your cats out of the trashcan at 3 a.m. from their dumpster-diving expedition. They introduced the 'naked' strips last year, with no breading, just the spice mix rubbed into the meat. Those are pretty damned tasty!

Last night, though, they had a special on an 8 piece mixed box for about tree fitty. Got my fried dead bird, took it home, fired up a DVD and settled in for dinner. First thing I noticed when I opened the box was some enormous chicken breasts with some godawful contraption hanging off the front of it. WTF?? I couldn't figure out just what the hell was attached to the breast, so I started peeling off the fried crispies, and revealed....

A HUGE CHICKEN COCK!!!! AAAAAHHH!!!!

OK, it was really a chicken neck, but I was still kinda grossed out. I was not aware that Popeye's served chicken with offal still attached, but I guess they do. I can't see the point of eating a neck. From what I saw, it was mostly bone, and I just couldn't see trying to suck the meat off of it. It would've been too close to actually sucking a... well, you get the picture.