Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, January 30, 2006

The Fungus Is Among Us

I May Never Eat Blue-Green Food Again...

Yeeks... Looked in my desk drawer, and found the Tupperware container that I thought I'd taken home last Thursday. Brought in a bit of spaghetti for snackies last week, and had it sealed up in a Ziploc baggie so it wouldn't leak in my new carryall.

Ate the pasta, put the whole shebang back in the Ziploc, and tucked it in the desk drawer pending removal that evening.

Ooops.

5 days later, it didn't look so bad from the top. Then again, the top is made of opaque plastic, and I couldn't see the WMDs brewing in the interior until I flipped it over. I'm just glad I thought to put it back in the Ziploc, lest we had already fallen victim to the fungal spores a la "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill".

Into the trash with that one. Not enough hot water and bleach in the world, and ain't no rubber gloves thick enough to make me pop the top on that horrorshow!