Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Your Pravda Or My Pravda?

Truth Seems To Be In The Eye Of The Beholder

Flygirl got all bent out of shape by my mentioning of the alleged vandalism of the White House by departing Clinton flunkies.

Unfortunately, her smoking gun that nothing untoward happened by those oh-so-saintly Democrats were links to websites that have historically supported Democrats, and have been sources of leftist rhetoric throughout their existence. This is kinda like handing me a copy of Mein Kampf and saying "See! Toldja Jews are evil!" You've got to take into account the source material before you can give it full faith and credence...

I've now spent more time than I really wanted to Googling up "White House Vandalism" to see what I could dig up, and have reached the following conclusions: 99% of left-wing sites deny it happened. 99% of conservative sites don't mention it at all. There are conflicting GAO reports that seem to indicate something happened, but it wasn't enough to make a case out of.

So, I'm inclined to believe that there were probably one or two naughty Xeroxed messages left behind, somebody accidently put a foot through a wall back in '99 (done that myself), a few 'W' keys were pried off of keyboards, and a shitload of used condoms were found stuck to a bottom drawer of the desk in the Oval Office. The Repubs blew it all out of proportion, and the Dems rallied to support the Clintonistas.

Believe what you want to. It's not like I'm gonna sway your opinion if you've been voting Dem for the past 20 years.

I can only go on my past experiences, and after having been to gatherings of conservatives and gatherings of liberals, the odds of there being rowdy behavior and blatant dipshittery are significantly lower with the hard-core conservatives. They're too busy praying to Jesus and not drinking alcohol to get up to much hooliganism.