Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Thanks SO much, Denita...

I Need A 24 Hour Produce Delivery Service!!!

Can't say exactly why I'm up and blogsurfing at 4 a.m., really, but there I am. I click over to Eric and Denita's little Internet cubbyhole, and there's this post on planting a spring garden.

That's not so bad, really, until I click on this link she has for a company selling tomato seeds and plants.

Oh, man... page after page of luscious ripe 'maters. Grape 'maters, beefsteak 'maters, Roma and heirlooms and Goliaths...
I have a serious tomato jones now, and drool all over my chin. Even this hardcore carnivore and chili dog devotee is completely entranced by a big plate of sliced fresh tomatoes, hot off the vine, sprinkled with a bit of kosher salt & cracked black pepper, and schpritzed with just a touch of extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar... Ohhh, man. I'm killin' myself here wanting some 'maters!!

Damndamndamn. I know I'm now gonna have to pull on a t-shirt and some trousers and drive over to the 24 hour Krogers and pray they have some 'maters worth eating!!