Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Professional Gherkin Jerkin'

Your Tax Dollars At Work

Submitted an informational brochure to the Powers That Be for editorial approval. It's the 4th time I've had to go back and do revisions. Not due to any lack of copywriting ability on my part, mind you. It's just that every time it goes up the ladder, a different person gets their rat claws on it, and insists on several "crucial" changes.

Naturally, what one person sees as crucial, the others see as superfluous. Then, they get all PO'ed when their change doesn't survive the other's vetting process. So, instead of walking over to the other Power That Is and fighting a private turf battle, I get chosen to deliver the message.

This has gone on for a week now. I have better things to do with my time. Taking naps and repeated self-abuse come to mind.

I don't give a damn what they say. I am NOT sending this thing over to Legal for their seal of approval. It's just a brochure, for Pete's sake. We can't even afford to have this thing printed in color. Hell, if we didn't have a two-sided Xerox machine, I'd be gluing two sheets of paper back to back before folding it into a brochure.